Candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. Program shall have to possess requisite percentage of marks / grade point average in qualifying examination as indicated below:
- The required minimum qualification for admission to a Ph.D. Program shall normally be a two years Master’s or M.Phil. Degree from any accredited Indian or Foreign University in the relevant field. She/he must have obtained 55% for General and OBC category and 5% relaxation to SC and ST category students marks or Equivalent Grade in the Master’s or M.Phil. Degree (applicable for all Ph.D. programs except in Engineering and Technology).
- Applicants who have successfully completed their first year degree course (Undergraduate course) by 04/June/1986, irrespective of the duration, shall be treated at par with those who have completed a three year first degree course. Those who hold a two year first degree and had enrolled for this course after 04/June/1986, will be required to undergo a further one year bridge course. UGC notification dated 17/August/2015
- Applicants with M.Tech / M.E./M.S. qualification in relevant disciplines with excellent academic record with minimum CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale or equivalent or 60% marks and with 60% aggregate in Xth , XIIth and B.Tech /B.E. will be considered eligible for admission in Ph.D. Programs in Engineering and Technology.
- For Ph.D. in Law, the applicant should possess Master’s degree in Law with minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade or M.Phil. in law and 5% relaxation to SC/ST student.
- Foreign/ NRI applicants / Applicants with a Masters’ degree from a foreign university must apply with an equivalence certificate of AIU along with the Application Form.
Exemption from Written Examination:
Candidates who have cleared an All India National Level Competitive Examination like NET of UGC / CSIR / ICAR (ASRB) / GPAT / ICMR / GATE / UPSLET shall be exempted from the written test of the PhD Selection Process on the basis of the documents uploaded by them with the application form. Only those who submit valid documents via form prior to the selected Ph.D. entrance test date will be considered for exemption.