Extracurricular activities are defined as those activities which are beyond the normal academic curriculum but an essential part of educational environment. It helps to groom an individual’s personality. Extracurricular activities include art, music, sports, debate, dance, drama, social services etc.
Importance of Extracurricular Activities :
· Extracurricular activities provide a setting to become involved and to interact with other students, leading to increased learning and enhanced development.
· Multiple experiences have a positive impact on students’ emotional, intellectual, social and inter-personal development.
· Involvement in activities helps you mature socially by providing a setting for student interaction, relationship formation and discussion.
· By working together with other individuals, you will learn to communicate, manage conflict and lead others.
· Helps you understand the importance of critical thinking skills, time management and intellectual competence.
Extracurricular Activities at MUIT:
MUIT supports the educational mission of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi Ji by enhancing students’ learning and personal development through our social, cultural, community engagement and leadership programs outside the classroom through a collaborative and holistic approach.
ARIHANT is the annual cultural festival of MUIT where students take part in various extracurricular activities, like dancing, singing, sports, poster presentation, debate, drama and many more.