The proliferation of digital technologies is bringing radical changes in the way education is being delivered and received. The outreach of educational programs is improving day by day with the digitalization of education. Digital education is providing both teachers and students new opportunities to teach and learn thereby ensuring greater participation in the overall learning process.
According to online reports, the population of young people from across the world reported having taken online courses in the past is ever-expanding. The best part of digital education is that you can create resources just once and use it multiple times for the generations to come. Thus saving on a lot of resources and efforts. At the same time, digital education empowers teachers to customize educational products based on the personalized need of individual learners
Why Digital Education is the Future of Learning in India
· Digital learning in India is going to be the key face of future education in the subcontinent. It is surprising to see how smart technologies are changing the overall educational framework. Affordable high-speed internet and direct-to-device technologies are empowering rural students to study courses online and improve their skills and knowledge. in the country.
· This sector is currently battling with grave challenges such as outdated teaching methods, shortage of teachers, inadequate student-teacher ratio, and insufficient teaching resources. The technology is also helping teachers connect with students remotely spread across several locations at one time.
Why Digital Education is the way forward for India
· With the internet becoming far more affordable and accessible, going ahead, there will be greater convergence of digital and traditional teaching-learning mediums.
· The government is also taking radical steps to come up with policies that will help boost the digital education market in the country.
· Advance Learning Management Systems (LMS) with its right knowledge management tools will help in improving the design and delivery of educational courses being offered by Universities and Colleges in India.
· Digital technology is also helping overcome all language barriers. Now learning material can digitally be made available in regional languages as well.
· Online education offers freely accessible media for learning, teaching and research purposes. It allows students to engage with a wide spectrum of study material freely available on the internet thus creating an ecosystem of self-learning.