- Applications for admission to a Ph.D. program at Maharishi University of Information Technology are accepted twice a year, for January and July sessions.
- Candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. program, whether full time or part time, shall have to possess requisite percentage of marks / grade point average / subjects/ specializations in qualifying examination as indicated under each Ph.D. program.
- Candidate who apply for Ph.D. part time, will have to submit their employment verification details at the time of form filling and NOC as per format, at the time of joining after their selection to the program
- The admission Form is to be filled and submitted along with required documents uploaded in the given format and payment of Rs. 1100/- made via a Credit / Debit card/cash/Online Payment.
- To check / do the following related to your admission, logon to your Admission site on www.maharishiuniversity.ac.in:
- Candidates will be communicated about requirements related to their application form, date, time and venue of selection process (written test and / or Interview). It is the responsibility of the candidate to periodically check the University Website for updates and to select a date. No separate communication will be sent in this regard.
- Eligible candidates will be required to undertake Ph.D. Entrance Test, on the date decide by the University. Entrance test will be a conducted at University campus/ Online mode followed by an Interview.
- Selected candidates will be intimated about their selection on the University Website.
- Offer of admission will be provisional & valid only for the specific program opted by the candidate as well as for the same academic session. The offer of admission will automatically stand cancelled if the conditions are not fulfilled by the specified time.
- Candidates, who qualify the Entrance Test, will have to register in the Ph. D. programme within one year after the declaration of the entrance test result.
Note 1. It is mandatory for working applicants to submit an NOC at the time of registration cum orientation for the program, i.e. within a month of their selection.
Entrance Test Details
The Entrance Test shall be of two hour duration (i.e. 120 minutes) and of 200 marks consisting of 100 objective types of questions. The Entrance Test will have two Sections:
|SECTION 1 – Research Methodology and Computer Application||Section 1 shall be common to all the Applicants for testing their Aptitude in research methodology, covering questions from following areas:
||50 Questions||100 marks|
|SECTION 2 – SUBJECT SPECIFIC||Section 2 shall be Program / Subject Specific as per proposed Ph.D. program of the applicant. (viz Management, Biotechnology, Food Technology, Physics, Law, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Psychology, English etc.)||50 Questions of Master’s level||100 marks|
|INTERVIEW||Panel of Faculties||50 marks|